Skip to main content
locks on a fence

Stopping Mold in its Tracks

Household mold is one of the most dangerous toxigenic matters that can be found inside the home. Exposure to mold has been shown to cause health problems in people who reside in a house that has a mold issue. There is a reported link between mold exposure and upper respiratory tract problems. These health conditions include but are not limited to upper respiratory tract conditions such as coughing and asthma related symptoms. People with sensitivity towards molds may experience severe reactions such as fever and shortness of breath that can be a precursor to even more problems as more time is spent around the mold. Young children and the elderly are also highly susceptible to illness due to exposure to mold in and around the home. Understanding what causes mold inside a house and how to prevent it is the first step to conquering the problem.


Mold spores are a common occurrence in wet environments and can be transferred from the outside to inside a home by many different methods. They can enter through many different venues such as doorways, ventilation systems, shoes, and pets. Once inside the house the spores attach themselves to excessively wet areas where they then begin to grow. There are certain building materials that give nutrients to the mold, which encourages its growth potential. Commonly used materials such as drywall, fabric, carpet, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, wood, and insulation either encourages or supports mold as it grows. Excessive humidity and water leaks create the perfect environment for Stachybotrys chartarum. This is the greenish-black mold that is commonly found inside homes. The indoor air quality is compromised when the mold is left to grow where it can release toxic compounds into the air.


Mold happens and when it does it needs to be treated properly to remove it from the infected buildings. Identifying the source and the type of mold must be done before any remedy can begin. The size of the infected area is a consideration when determining the best course of action. A knowledgeable commercial pest control company is trained to remove mold using the latest techniques and materials. Professionals in the field use antimicrobial pesticides to kill and slow the growth of mildew and mold in buildings. These are chemicals that are designed to control the situation quickly, allowing homeowners to get on with their lives in a safe mold free environment. Once the mold is removed, the area needs to be kept dry to ensure that the mold growth will not return. Knowing how it spreads and the problems it can cause for residents propels them to call in a commercial pest control company to use an antimicrobial pesticide to eradicate the mold.

It is important to use caution when apply antimicrobial pesticides at home. Always follow all directions given on the label or let the application procedure be done by a certified company who knows how to use antimicrobial pesticides to remove mold. Experts are trained to use this chemical process to get the job done right the first time. Mold is one of the most frightening issues that homeowners have to deal with but an experienced expert can take away the fear while leaving the house in a healthy condition. Now is the time to call and make an appointment with a company who knows how to remove mold from the home with products that are designed to put mold in its place.

Sarah is a small business owner, and is currently learning about pest control, using the internet. Aside from working on her own business, she likes to use social media, and read travel books.

Further Recommended Reading :

Mold Removal Cost – What You Can Expect To Pay

Symptoms of Mold Exposure & Who is Most At Risk

Fighting Mold Naturally with Essential Oils

Want The Inside Scoop?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Want The Inside Scoop?