Is Your Home Mold Infested?
Your first reaction when you discover mold in your home is to grab a sponge and some disinfectant, roll up your sleeves and scrub it clean. If the area is small this can be the best approach.
However, if you are dealing with a larger space or the mold is within the confines of a wall or heating vent, you will need to call in the services of a professional.
A mold remediator does much more than simply taking on the task of removing the mold. Their services include:
- Inspecting your home for mold contamination: If you suspect that you may have a mold problem in your home, yet you have been unable to locate it yourself, a professional has the insight and tools to find it.
- Identify the underlying cause of the mold: Mold is actually a symptom of a larger problem. If you have mold in your home, it is indicative of a collection of moisture. A professional who specializes in mold remediation will be able to explain why the mold is there and how to treat the root cause.
- Treat the underlying cause of the mold: After identifying the cause of the mold they can help treat the problem so that once the mold is removed, it won’t reoccur.
- Mold remediation: They will remove the mold for you. Removing mold can be a dangerous operation and needs to be done with the least amount of danger to those living there.
- Arrange for contractors to fix any mold-damaged areas: Sometimes during mold remediation, damage is done to the home. This is usually unavoidable because if the mold has invested the walls, they may need to be removed.
- Testing of the home after remediation: After the home has been cleared of mold, the homeowner should insist on air quality tests to ensure the mold has indeed been completely removed.
How Do I Find a Mold Remediation Service?
Finding a company that handles mold remediation services can be as simple as perusing the local yellow pages. It’s important to choose a company that is experienced in mold removal as opposed to a company that specializes in general cleaning.
The mold spores need to be removed properly without the risk of re-infestation. It’s also very important that the reason the mold appeared be treated. Simply removing the mold may solve the temporary problem but it will do little long-term.
It is also important to consider that the mold may have migrated into the heating or cooling systems of your home. If this is the case, the mold can spread quickly and also can become a health risk because you are constantly breathing the spores in.
Simply calling a cleaning company that specializes in cleaning vents may not be enough. They need to be aware that there is a for mold and take the necessary precautions to remove it safely.
If you are facing removing a large amount of mold from your home you should call a mold removal professional. They have the knowledge and equipment you need to ensure the safety of everyone who lives in your home.