Skip to main content

Janet in Monroe, Connecticut

My husband and I are renting a condo that leaked water during the winter when the snow became too heavy for the roof. One entire room’s ceiling is covered in mold and water stains. Since then my husband and I have experienced the follow health issues that we have never had before:

  • severe allergies
  • headaches
  • vomitting for no reason
  • nausea
  • kidney problems (hospitalized for)
  • dizziness
  • fatigue
  • insomnia
  • muscle pains

Other strange things that we are learning can be due to the mold problem:

  • two of our pets were just dead one day in their cage for no reason, at the same time
  • two of our cats developed a hematoma on their ears and had to have $600 surgery

This mold has been here since February. It is now July. We brought it to our landlord’s attention with pictures and all, but she still has not done anything about it. I have wracked up so many medical bills due to this, and we are both unemployed and cannot afford it. I am not sure what to do and I am getting sicker with a hematoma on my kidney which may need surgery. What can I do?

Want The Inside Scoop?