I have lived in this home for the last 13 years with my 4 children knowing it has mold the last few years. I have even seen black mold after our water heater burst in the laundry room. We have leaking pipes and the house is over 70 years old. But my situation is I am on disability, my insurance company will not pay for the mold to be removed, my health problems are getting worse.
I have COPD, fibromyalgia, asthma, severe sleep apnea, but I can’t afford to move elsewhere so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I’ve had 2 mold inspections which they gave us quote of about $35,000, which I can’t afford and they said the insurance would not pay for it. So I’m trying to decide what’s the best route to go before we get any sicker. I have a son who has severe nose bleeds and I just found out that that’s one of the symptoms. My COPD is getting worse even though I quit smoking 2 years ago. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.