Skip to main content

Donna in Salem, New York

Hi there,

We lived in a house with a very bad mold problem for about 8 yrs. We had remediation done 4 yrs. ago because I was getting sick with neurological symptoms, fatigue, hair loss, etc. After the remediation was done, I got better…but 4 yrs. later, I got sick again. This time it was much worse. I was falling asleep at 11:00 in the afternoon while sitting at my computer typing. My mouth stings, burns, hurts every day. I was pale, lost a lot of hair again, and just felt I had all I could do to keep going. My mouth hurt so badly at times that I could not eat or talk. My one son sneezed as soon as he went into the house, and he was getting nosebleeds. My other son was having trouble waking up in the morning, and I never had any problems with him like that. One morning I really had trouble waking him up and that was when I knew we needed to get out of that house. We moved in Jan. 2011. Even though things were getting better, the mouth pain is still every day. I would also, and still do, get episodes of skin/scalp burning, tingling, etc. I am curious if anyone else that has had mold toxicity has had any of these symptoms. And … what can be done? I want my health back, and also want to make sure no further harm comes to my boys and I and also want to make sure people know how harmful mold is! I really want my mouth to stop hurting. Thankfully, I believe in the power of prayer, and God is helping us through this. It’s a long road to have to go down…but, my trust is in Him. I have been to dr’s upon dr’s, and have yet to find one that will be able to help. Any one out there that can help, or offer up suggestions for help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Donna 🙂 God IS faithful!!

Emily in Buffalo, New York

I am starting to have black mold growing on otherwise clean dishes. The last month or so I have thrown away all of my daughter’s sippy cups, a few plastic kids cups, and some plastic bowls because when i pull them out of my clean dishwasher they have mold on them. I do not let my dishes sit in the dishwasher more than a couple hours so they cool down a little so I don’t know why this is happening. I rinse most of my dishes and my dishwasher is run at least every other day if not more.

Questions:

Why is this happening, and does anyone have any advice on how to stop this from happening?

Michael in Port Jeff

my landlords lied about alot of stuff they hoarded parts of my place there animals n bird livn in my area n theyve had 12 floods in 6 years n told me o this never happend i cleand up the 1st flood cost me hundreds i got sick n my puppy n then we got flooded out again my clothes are ruind n 1,000s in stuff n there tryn 2 bully me to leave wa do i do ima nice guy but im not a sucker i took vids n pics n they have many town voilations here HELP my puppys puking

Questions:

what can i legaly do please please i have vids

Jackie in New York

I live in a 3 bedroom house. The room next door to me had approximately 10 to 20 sq feet of mold damage, 4 or 5 visible minor spores and one larger one. I have the door duc taped but there were a couple other small spots though out the house and they have been smelling the stale smell and I have been possibly breathing in unseen spores. I don’t know if I am paranoid or if this tingling in my throat and cough is from this. I am 22 years old smoker, active, average immune system.

Questions:

  1. Can mold enter my system, cause any lung or heart disorder, or kill me within a week of the explained amount of exposure?
  2. Do I need to replace all sheetrock in the room, or just around damage ?
  3. What surfaces can and can’t bleach kill mold on?
  4. What few steps can I take and what materials can I use for cleaning with bleach and efficiently killing all mold?
  5. My contact lenses have been more dry and difficult to remove, could this be related?
  6. Are there any spores in my room next door or in the hallway?