Mold Thrives in Schools
Parents of children who attended an elementary school in Greenwhich are questioning their child’s health and safety when it comes to putting their child back in school. The walls of Greenwhich elementary school’s modular classrooms were founded infested with mold.
The rates of mold growth are rising across the country, especially in public schools. What can be done?
On Saturday, the Greenwich Board of Education closed down Hamilton Avenue Elementary after mold was discovered in the ceilings. Environmental crews in protective suits have been working to rid the building of the potential health hazard.
The school is actually a temporary facility, a modular unit built three years ago to house 370 students while a brand new school is under construction.
To read the rest of this story and other interesting twists, visit ABC 7 News, Mold Closes CT School
Further Recommended Reading :
Joslyn from the MoldBlogger team
Source: ABC 7 News