Here are a few mold signs that you may need to check your house for. It doesn’t matter if your house is brand new, or a hundred years old, you can never be too sure! Listed below are some of the indicators of mold you can watch out for:
Signs of Mold
- Stained ceiling tiles (you may be very surprised as to what may be growing underneath) or walls.
- Black, brown, orange, pink, or green speckled walls or around any plumbing grout or tile.
- Musty, earthy, or urine scented odor.
- Leaky roof or flashing installed improperly.
- Flood or hurricane damage.
- Leaky window or door.
While it is good to watch for signs of mold present, you can also be proactive and check for some possible contributing factors to mold to prevent mold growth before it starts:
- Leaky door or unseated windows that have broken seals.
- Plumbing leak/inferior plumbing job.
* Lumber is one of the worst problems. That is why the United States is the most insidious in the world on record for mold problems!
For the rest of these helpful tips visit Signs of Mold
From the MoldBlogger Archives