Skip to main content

Trish in Seminole, Florida

I have lived in this home for the last 13 years with my 4 children knowing it has mold the last few years. I have even seen black mold after our water heater burst in the laundry room. We have leaking pipes and the house is over 70 years old. But my situation is I am on disability, my insurance company will not pay for the mold to be removed, my health problems are getting worse.

Sabbath Truth

I have COPD, fibromyalgia, asthma, severe sleep apnea, but I can’t afford to move elsewhere so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I’ve had 2 mold inspections which they gave us quote of about $35,000, which I can’t afford and they said the insurance would not pay for it. So I’m trying to decide what’s the best route to go before we get any sicker. I have a son who has severe nose bleeds and I just found out that that’s one of the symptoms. My COPD is getting worse even though I quit smoking 2 years ago. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sabbath Truth

Want The Inside Scoop?

2 thoughts on “Trish in Seminole, Florida

  1. Trish, it sounds like you are indeed stuck in a very difficult place. Given the severity of the infestation and the even greater severity of your symptoms, the most important thing at this point is figuring out a way to _get out_ and take as few of your personal belongings as possible. That’s probably not what you want to hear. If you image yourself a few years into the future, though, there is no question that your health and the health of your children is of the greatest importance.

    Is the home currently paid for? If not, how much do you yet owe on it?

  2. Dear Trish,
    This is a hard call, however suffering and subsequently dying from mycotoxin poisoning as a result of living in a biohazardous home necessitates my advice to you to move out as soon as possible. You may have belongings that can be treated, however if you do not have the finances to treat them, it is my suggestion to you to throw every thing away due to mold contamination. Otherwise you can put EVERYTHING, including your tooth brushes, and place them in storage and introduce them back into your new home one by one until you determine that NO one has a reaction from their presence once again. You may wash these belongings that you are bringing back little by little in ammonia. Even ammonia does not completely remove the dead mold casings that are just as deadly as live mold. You will be the BEST judge because from what you have described, you are highly sensitive. All the symptoms you have described point to someone who has been seriously affected by mycotoxin poisoning. You will feel things that most others do not.
    I recommend Lori Tondini’s book, Are You Moldy? It contains a wealth of information that will be an invaluable guide from someone who has been right where you are, Trish. You can find Lori on facebook.
    I am assuming that there is ‘toxigenic mold’ in your home. From all the physical issues that you are dealing with along with the description that you have painted concerning what you see with your own eyes, you are living in a biohazardous environment.
    Last word is move out, don’t look back and save your family from the ravages of a plague with the severist of consequences.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *