Skip to main content

YaMina in Irving, Texas

I have just moved into my apartment about a month ago on the 6th of July. Since I have moved in I have had multiple problems, however I was able to look over them.

When I first moved in I recleaned everything from my bathroom, kitchen, refrigerator, and bedroom. However in my freezer there is a part that is screwed down. I did not look under there until I spilt something in my freezer and started to clean it up. I unscrewed the screws to find black mold when I lifted the flap. I was very upset.

I have a lung condition that mold makes worse and my asthma starts to act up and I start to get sick. Which i had been in the weeks before and could not put my finger on why I was feeling sick and short of breath. So I informed my apartment complex about this, and they automatically assume that I took a picture of someone else’s apartment saying there was nothing they could do because I did not call them when it happened so that they could come and clean it. Now, when the situation happened it was about 10 or 11 at night not to mention if I would have called them I would have only been able to leave a message and I couldn’t leave my food out to spoil. I was and still am very upset with my apartment complex.

Questions:

What do you think I could do about this? Do I have the right to sue?

Want The Inside Scoop?

2 thoughts on “YaMina in Irving, Texas

  1. YaMina, thank you for sharing your story. Is the black mold still there under your refrigerator?

  2. YaMina,
    A word to the wise is sufficient!!!! Check with your county health department and see if they can condemn the apt. building. When we inspected an apartment in Omaha, Nebraska and received client’s lab results, she took them to the county and they condemned an 8 unit apt building amidst about 300 total units. GET OUT & GET OUT ASAP. You are exposing yourself and family to potentially deadly pathogenic mycotoxins which are released by mold spores released by mold. We tell clients to leave EVERYTHING behind including their toothbrushes unless they are willing to pay $$$$$$$ for mold inspection and then possibly remediation if the landlord is going to neglect to have your apt. properly treated. A recent episode of Homemakeover showcased a family of 8 with 6 children whose father went into their basement to tackle a mold issue. He was dead in no time and left a widow and 6 orphans under the age of 13 behind to pick up the pieces of their lives. Thank GOD that the good people of their community came to the fore to build them a brand new ‘safe’ home complete with a state of the art ventilation system due to the breathing problems of several of the children. They were also adversely affected by pathogenic mold and have health issues as a result. Run, don’t walk out the door for good!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *