Skip to main content
moldy cheese

Say Cheese!

Cheese has comprised some diets around the world for a long time. It’s invention has allowed milk to be preserved longer and has found it’s way into numerous modern kitchens. But what is it exactly that causes the milk to turn into cheese? Well, it is mold, along with bacteria and other microorganisms that create this dairy product…
Read More

mold on bread

Moldy Bread

You stumble downstairs bleary-eyed, first thing in the morning, desperate for a cup of coffee and slice of toast. Yet it doesn’t take too long for the realization to kick in that the fresh loaf of bread that you’ve been salivating over is not actually so fresh anymore and has decided to open its home up to mold.

It’s a universal scenario that is probably all-too-familiar, no matter where you are in the world. But is there more to it than meets the eye?
Read More

I ate moldy bread

Help! I Accidentally Ate Moldy Bread (or Moldy Cheese)!

Is Moldy Food Dangerous?

I know why you’re here. There can only be one reason why you now find yourself reading an incredibly informative and superbly written article on moldy cheese.

You’ve bought into the American Dream, haven’t you? What was it? Student loans? A new car? Don’t tell me–the new iPhone? Look, it’s none of my business. We’ll just say you “fell on hard times.”

Read More

different allergies

Preventing the Effects of Fungal-Derived Aflatoxins in Peanut Butter

America’s Love Affair With Peanut Butter

As of October 8, 2017, the current population of the United States is estimated roughly at 326.8 million.[1] According to sales statistics in the year 2016, over 290 million of those Americans consumed peanut butter. In addition, it is predicted that November 2017—being the National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month—will bring about the consumption of over 65 million pounds of peanut butter. Suffice it to say, peanut butter is an American staple food—and why shouldn’t it be?
Read More

three forks

Foods to Avoid When You Have Mold or Yeast in Your Body

Molds and yeasts are fungal microorganisms that can not only grow in your home, they can also live in your body.  Most victims of internal mold are already suffering from diseases such as diabetes or immune system weaknesses or deficiencies that allow the fungus a welcoming habitat in which to thrive.  If you have a fungal infection of any kind, it is important that in addition to seeking professional medical help, you also begin battling the fungus by avoiding certain foods and drinks.  If mold or yeast within the body is not fed what it needs to survive, it will stop growing and eventually starve to death  (well, hey, that’s the theory, at least!).
Read More

Want The Inside Scoop?