What are the Symptoms of Household Mold Exposure?
There are a lot of things that make us sick. From the common cold to more serious viruses, every year brings new germs. But what if it isn’t a germ that is making us sick? What if it is something else? What if it is something growing in our homes? When a person feels ill they may not immediately consider the cause to be mold. Mold can and does cause serious health problems in many people. It helps to understand the symptoms of household mold exposure so that you can recognize them should they emerge in you or a member of your family.
Exposure to mold has several symptoms including:
- A skin rash: There are many reasons you may develop a rash, and household mold exposure is one of them. Although you may think that the skin can only become inflamed by direct contact with the mold, this isn’t always the case. You can develop redness in your skin simply from inhaling the fumes from the mold. If you develop a rash on your skin and don’t have an answer as to what caused it, don’t rule out household mold exposure. Head on over to a dermatologist who can help diagnose your condition.