Does Your Home Have Excessive Moisture?
If you’ve ever lived in an old house, chances are you’ve had some sort of encounter with damp. But, even poorly designed new buildings or internal water leaks can leave you facing a damp problem. Poorly ventilated bathrooms are often a haven for excess moisture in the home, and this can lead to a damp problem and mould growth. The tell-tale sign of a damp problem is often a musty, stale smell. On further inspection, a patch of affected wall or ceiling is usually found to have black mould (Stachybotrys chartarum) growing on it; a result of condensation. Mould is a fungus, and it’s the mould spores released into the air that are known to cause damp related illnesses.