A Common Problem The most common issue we encounter here on MoldBlogger is the…
- Black MoldMold InformationMold InspectorsMoldy houseToxic Mold
Should You Test for Mold when Buying a House?
Is it Important to Test a House for Mold Before Buying? Yes, it is…
- Mold AllergiesMold InformationMold PreventionUncategorized
Sick Building Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, and Prevention
Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) is a condition that can cause people to experience symptoms…
Mold is a prevalent problem in homes and buildings and it can cause serious…
What are the 5 levels of Mold Remediation? The 5 levels of mold remediation…
Mold Grows on Skin?
Why not? Skin is made of biodegradable material just like couches, carpet, or sheet rock – so why then would skin be immune to mold growth?
However, mold growth on skin is considerably more dangerous than dealing with mold contamination on last night’s dinner or on your shower tile.
- FeaturedHome Page SliderMold RemovalToxic MoldUpdatedWater Damage
Mold Removal Cost – What You Can Expect To Pay
If you have found mold in your home, you are most likely wondering how…
- Black MoldMold AllergiesMold InformationMold PreventionMoldy houseToxic MoldUncategorized
Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS): What You Should Know
Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) is a condition resulting from biotoxin exposure. This immune…
- Get Rid of Mold in Crawl SpacesMold AllergiesMold InformationMold PreventionMoldy houseToxic MoldWater Damage
How to Check Your House for Mold
Mold is everywhere, and it is a prevalent problem in homes and can cause…
- Mold AllergiesMold InformationMold PreventionMoldy houseUncategorizedWater Damage
6 Reasons to Buy a Dehumidifier
Investing in our home and health can have extremely beneficial results, especially long-term. While…
- Mold AllergiesMold InformationMold PreventionMoldy houseToxic MoldUncategorizedWater Damage
What are Mycotoxins?
Mycotoxins are the secondary metabolites released by fungi which are toxic and can cause…
- Mold AllergiesMold InformationToxic MoldUncategorized
What is Mold and How is it Different than Mildew?
You see something strange and unsightly on the surfaces in your home and immediately your mind starts questioning what it is and how to get rid of it. Is it mold? Is it mildew? What is mold anyway and how is it different than mildew? How does one clean or get rid of mold or mildew? Are mold and mildew the same thing?
- Mold InformationMold RemediationMold RemovalMoldy houseUncategorizedWater Damage
How to Clean Mold From Wood
Wood is exceptionally vulnerable to mold because it is made up of a deeply penetrable and fibrous material that easily absorbs moisture.
Black mold is a serious problem for people of all ages, but for the elderly—who have a more vulnerable immune system—it could very well be much worse, especially if the early warning signs aren’t easily recognized by the victims or their caretakers.
- Black MoldMold AllergiesMold InformationMoldy houseToxic MoldUncategorized
Black Mold Symptoms in Babies
When a baby breathes in mycotoxins (the toxic substance produced by mold spores), the blood vessels in the baby’s lungs are weakened, potentially causing pulmonary hemorrhaging—bleeding within the baby’s lungs. The more exposure a baby has to mold, the more likely he or she will develop a chronic or even life-threatening condition.
When mold appears on food, it typically means that you should throw it out. However, that may not always be the case with cheese.
- Mold InformationMold PreventionUncategorized
How to Prevent Mold Growth in Food Storage This Independence Day
The Fourth of July marks the birth of the United States as an independent…
- Black MoldMold InformationMold PreventionMoldy houseToxic MoldUncategorized
Where Does Black Mold Grow?
Stachybotrys chartarum (sometimes Stachybotrys atra)—commonly known otherwise as “black mold”—is a greenish-black mold usually accompanied by a distinctive odor.
- Black MoldMold InformationMold InspectorsMoldy houseToxic MoldUncategorizedWater Damage
Shopping for a House? 5 Things to Look Out for to Avoid Buying a Moldy Home
Searching for a new home can be a stressful and complicated process, but one thing you will want to watch out for when evaluating if a house is right for you is whether or not it has a mold issue. Mold is a destructive and unhealthful house guest, one you don’t want inhabiting a home you wish to buy. To avoid all the headaches and difficulties of owning a moldy home, make sure to take note of these five ways to inspect your prospective home as you search the real estate market. These can also be applied to looking for a mold-free rental home or apartment as well.
In an earlier article, titled “Foods to Avoid When You Have Mold or Yeast…