Home » Stories » Amy in Newburg, Missouri

Amy in Newburg, Missouri

by Jonathan

A few weeks ago, I noticed that our kitchen floor was feeling strange, so my husband started investigating and found a major leak under the sink. In looking around, he realized there was black mold on the wall behind the sink and the water damage had spread through most of the kitchen floor. So, he took out the cabinets (which had mold on them), as well as the floor and sub-floor. We treated any remaining mold with bleach and kilz and started putting the kitchen back together. Well, he went up to the attic to run some wires for a new dishwasher and found the underside of the roof covered with mold. He’s thinking it’s probably in the insulation, and maybe the drywall- and who knows where else. We don’t know where to go from here. Insurance is telling us they don’t cover for mold. We called a company that said they would come out and remove it and work with the insurance company, but the guy has canceled on us twice now. We’re living with some friends (we have a 4 and 2 year old, as well as a 2 month old baby). My husband is a christian school teacher and we can’t even begin to be able to pay for correcting this problem. What are we facing here?? Losing our home and everything we own is my biggest fear right now. If anyone has any advice, we’d appreciate it. Thanks for this blog.

Want The Inside Scoop?


ErikMoldWarrior June 14, 2011 - 1:12 am

Losing your home and everything you own is nothing, compared to losing your health and being unable to acquire NEW possessions.

If you feel that your health is really slipping, look out for #1 first.

It’s really hard to get a new job if you can’t work.

Nebraska Mold Guy June 17, 2011 - 10:21 am

Amy, feel free to call me personally. Many insurance companies don’t cover “mold” but they may cover you for “water damage”.

The loss usually need to be 1) sudden and 2) accicental. Every insurance carrier is different, policies are different and interpretations vary. If they will cover the “water damage” event, that may help to offset your mold removal expenses. Not ideal but better than nothing.

The good news is that this may be easier to remedy than it appears. I could go on but I hope you follow.

Robert June 20, 2011 - 7:55 am

Dear Amy, We have a system that will actually kill the mold and mold spores that in your home. It can be permanently installed to allow treated air to flow first through your duct work system and then into every room in your home. Within 2 weeks, you will notice a complete change in your home breathing environment. It is 100% safe and for actual testimonies you can visit our Facebook page. Air & Mold Technologies.


Leave a Comment

Want The Inside Scoop?