I moved into senior housing eight years ago. I noticed that I frequently get big chunks of black stuff which I believe is mold in my shower head and floating in my toilet. I complained to management and they brought someone to my apartment who they said was a plumber. He said it was because frequently they didn’t treat the water properly at the reservoir. I have lived in this town for 35 years in various places and never had this problem. I am trapped here due to finances and just clean frequently with bleach and then it lets up for awhile. Sometimes when I shower my eyes itch and burn. I have noticed that I am more short of breath lately.
Can their explanation of my mold problem be true? How do I correct this problem?